For our seventh contest in our yearlong series of monthly Grantourismo HomeAway Holiday-Rentals competitions we want you to create a mouthwatering, food-focused blog post, inspired by our series on The Dish, about the quintessential dishes of places. See these posts for inspiration.
Your blog post should consist of a delicious photograph(s)* (as few or as many as you wish!) and text up to 500 words*. You should describe a local dish, its significance to the place and culture, how you discovered it, your experience of it, and what it means to you. You could also include a recipe if you like, but that’s entirely up to you.
It’s important that your story and photograph(s) are your own, are original, and should not have been published in print or on other websites.
*Make sure you do not submit more than 500 words, although this month you can post as many photographs as you like. You heard right! In response to your requests, we’re allowing you to submit as many photos as like.
FIRST PRIZE A stay at a HomeAway Holiday-Rentals property of your choice anywhere in the world valued at UK£500/US$750, a Viator tour voucher worth £100/US$150, and an Olympus FE-4040 compact camera worth £125/US$190.
THIRD PRIZE an annual subscription to AFAR magazine.
To be eligible to enter
Entry submission is by posting and linking and communication is through the Comments below and by Twitter, which means:
1. You must have your own blog/site, contribute to a group site, or post your blog to sites like www.matadortravel.com, www.bootsnall.com, www.travellerspoint.com,www.travelpod.com
2. You need to subscribe to Grantourismo via email/RSS, join our community on Google Friend Connect and join HomeAway Holiday Rental’s Facebook page to enter.
3. Follow @Gran_tourismo and @HomeAwayUK on Twitter, then alert us on Twitter that you’re following us for the #GrantourismoComp and we will follow you back.
How to enter
1. Upload your original entry to your blog before end of 30 September. We’ll visit your site to read your post, tweet about your entry, and other entrants will visit your blog for inspiration.
2. Identify at the end of your post that “This post has been entered into the Grantourismo HomeAway Holiday-Rentals travel blogging competition” and link to this post (so your entry appears in the Trackbacks below) and www.homeaway.co.uk. Tag the post with ‘Grantourismo’ and ‘HomeAway Holiday-Rentals’ so the judges can easily find it.
3. Leave your name and link to your post in the Comments – this serves as your submission.
4. Use Twitter to tweet us @Gran_tourismo and @HomeAwayUK to tell us your post is up, using#GrantourismoComp in your tweet. This also makes it easy for others to find your entry.
1.We will notify winners by Twitter or email during the first days of October.
2.The first prize winner will be required to email us a high-res photo and text for publishing.
3.The winning entry will be posted here early October.
For more details, read the fine print below. If you have any questions, pop them in the Comments below.
The Fine Print – Terms and Conditions
1. Grantourismo monthly competitions are open to anyone aged 18 years or over, except anyone professionally associated with this competition or the sponsors.
2. All information detailing how to enter the competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Submissions must be original, should not have been published before, should not appear on other blogs or websites, and should not infringe any copyrights.
4. Winners will be chosen by a judging panel consisting of HomeAway Holiday-Rentals staff; Scott McNeeley, Editor of the Viator blog; Context Travel staff; and Lara Dunston and Terence Carter. Judges decisions are final. The criteria used will include creativity, originality, quality of writing and photography, ability to engage an audience, and ability to inspire.
5. HomeAway Holiday-Rentals is offering a prize of £500/US$750 towards a stay in one of their properties listed on the HomeAway Holiday-Rentals website. The stay must be a minimum of 2 nights, although it can be longer. The winner must use http://www.homeaway.co.uk/ to book the property. HomeAway Holiday-Rentals will release the funds to the property owner and transfer the remainder to the winner to be used toward the trip.
6. Winners will be required to blog about their prizes, link back to Grantourismo, HomeAway Holiday-Rentals, and the sponsor of the prize they’ve won, and tweet about the post, using #GrantourismoComp.
7.Property stays and tours must be used within 12 months of notification.
8. While copyright of all submissions to the Competition remains with the entrants, winning entrants give permission to Grantourismo, HomeAway Holiday-Rentals, and the sponsors to feature the winning entries on their websites, blogs, or in any publications or promotional materials connected to this Competition.