Easy Homemade Tartare Sauce Recipe
This easy homemade tartare sauce recipe takes the classic tartare sauce and gives it a spicy little twist. Tartare sauce is essential for your fish and chips, but it's a perfect accompaniment to all kinds of seafood and fried foods, such as potato chips. It's also a condiment of culinary legend with a fascinating history.
Servings: 1 Cup
- 130 g mayonnaise whole egg
- 15 g capers drained and chopped finely
- 15 g gherkins drained and chopped very finely
- 10 g pickled jalapeños chopped finely
- 15 g red shallot chopped finely
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill fresh and chopped finely
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and serve immediately, or store in the fridge until required.
Add extra dill for presentation when ready to serve.
Calories: 908kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 98g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 3917mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 316IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg