Mango Gazpacho Recipe
This mango gazpacho recipe makes gazpacho de mango, a chilled soup that’s perfect as a starter to a light summer meal. While found mostly on menus at creative Catalan restaurants in Mallorca and Barcelona, it may have originated in Spain’s mango growing region in Andalusia, home to the classic tomato-based gazpacho Andaluz.
- 2 cups mangoes ripe and diced finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 piece cucumber skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 pieces tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch dice cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pieces red shallots cut into small dice
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp coriander root finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes to taste
Process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until pureed.
Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg