In the spirit of giving, and with the help of some of our friends, we’re running a Grantourismo Christmas Stocking Travel Giveaway, starting now and ending on Christmas Eve.
We don’t have a Christmas stocking as such for you, but what we do have are some fantastic travel-themed stocking stuffers, valued at over US$1500 – all of which will go to one lucky winner.
Here’s what we have:
- 7 days of car rental anywhere in the world up to the value of UK£250 from Carrentals.co.uk
- 2 nights accommodation up to the value of US$300 courtesy of Roomorama in any of their destinations.
- 8 travel themed books from HarperCollins and ABC Books including From Here to There, Balilicious, Lessons from Madame Chic, Ticket to Paradise, Under the Baobab Tree, Wide Open Road, Lake Eyre, and My Cool Caravan, valued at A$280
- 4 tickets on any On Location Tours movie and TV-themed tours tours valued up to US$200
- 3 travel tech gadgets from Roaming Connections to keep your mobile devices charged on the road, including a Power Bank 8000, Unimax charging station and Emergency Battery for iPhones valued at A$130
- 1 Scrubba Wash Bag valued at US$60
- 1 set of Hedonist’s Guides Ski Guides to Switzerland, France and Italy valued at UK£18
And… consider this one a little something extra that was hidden under the tree. But, sadly, it’s only for one Australian reader only who will be randomly selected after the main draw, so please let us know in your comment if you’re Australian.
- 1 travel insurance voucher from our Australian travel insurance partners InsureandGo to the value of A$100
So how do you go in the running to win this wonderful bundle of Christmas travel joy? All you have to do is leave us a comment below. You can say anything really. Why not just tell us where you’ll be spending Christmas? The winner will be chosen randomly using www.randompicker.com and announced on Christmas Eve.
Merry Christmas xx
In a nutshell:
- Leave a Comment below so we have your name and email.
- This giveaway is open to everyone over 25 years.
- To go in the running for the main ‘stocking’, entrants can live anywhere in the world.
- To go in the running for the bonus travel insurance prize, entrants must be Australian residents so please identify yourself as Australian in the comments.
- The winners of both the main ‘stocking’ and ‘bonus prize’ will be selected randomly in two draws.
- The giveaway ends 6pm on 24 December.
- Winners will be announced soon after.
UPDATE 30/12/12: WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas! Apologies for taking so long to announce the winners of this contest. Putting names into a hat is a lot easier than using those random winner generators. So (drum roll), the winners of our Xmas prizes are…
* Paula Heelan – who wins the Xmas travel stocking, including all the juicy travel prizes above, and…
* Sam of foodtravelbliss.com - who gets the $100 InsureandGo travel insurance voucher.
Congrats! We’ll be emailing you both to connect you with the prize sponsors. Thanks to everyone who dropped by to enter. We’ve got some more travel and food themed contests coming up in 2013. A sincere thank you to all of our sponsors above for generously donating such fabulous prizes!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The winner will need to fill out a car hire request form and email Carrentals.co.uk directly to claim their free car hire.
2. This competition is open to anyone over the age of 25 only. (Except employees, and their relatives, of Carrentals.co.uk)
3. The winner must hold a valid driving license and if required, an international driving permit.
4. Winners will need a valid Credit Card for collection of car hire.
5. Winners will be liable to pay for any optional/additional extras requested and these are payable locally.
6. The prize details are as stated and no alternative will be given.
1. Once the winner is announced Roomorama will provide instructions on how to claim the prize.
2. Bookings must be made within six months from the announcement of the winner although travel dates can be after the expiry date.
1. The winner will receive an InsureandGo Travel Insurance voucher valued at A$100.
2. The voucher is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
3. The total voucher amount ($100) will be discounted from the final price of the policy. The voucher can be used to buy a single, couple, family or multiple single policy (up to 10 people) under the same policy number. If the final price of the policy is under $100, the price to pay will be $0. Any vouchered funds not used will be forfeited. i.e. if the winner purchases a A$90 Travel Insurance policy, the A$10 amount remaining will be forfeited.
4. The policy must be bought within 12 months of the announcement of the winner.
5. This voucher can only be given to Australian citizens, permanent residents, and non-permanent residents who are currently living in Australia and have either Medicare, a Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance.
5. Once purchased, the A$100 travel insurance voucher will have six months validity before it must be used. It is only valid for one travel insurance policy.
6. The winner will be contacted by InsureandGo sales call centre staff soon after the draw to explain to the winner how to redeem the voucher.
7. The voucher is only valid when organized through the sales call centre.
1. Prizes are non-transferable.