Fancy a London foodie escape? Well, we have a tasty competition for our UK readers thanks to Argos, onefinestay, Context Travel, and LUXE City Guides. One lucky winner will get to live like locals in London, get a taste of the local foodie scene and fine produce on a London foodie walking tour, have a trusted local as their guide, and get to document it all with a cool compact digital camera. And winning is easy too. But first, the delicious prizes…
For one lucky winner, we have:
* Somewhere lovely to settle in for your stay, courtesy of onefinestay, who are gifting a voucher worth UK£100 towards a beautiful property of your choice booked on the onefinestay website.
* Two spots on a salivating-inducing three-hour London foodie walk with Context, led by a culinary expert, such as the London Market Walk, Gastronomic London or London, City of Markets and Trade. During your walk you can buy some beautiful fresh produce to take back to your home to cook.
* A local guide in the form of the latest edition of the just-released LUXE City Guide to London to direct you to the best restaurants, cafés, bars, and gourmet food shops in the city. Edited by Brit-born publisher of LUXE Grant Thatcher, it’s packed with local favourites and insider tips so you can settle in, even if it’s for a short stay, and live like a local for a little bit.
* A very snazzy little compact digital camera to document your delicious time – a cool Canon IXUS 210 IS 14MP, which is ideal for photographing every kind of activity and occasion, from holiday snaps to memorable moments. Check out your prize here. It’s perfect for snapping away images of London and is exactly the kind of camera a foodie traveller needs, something compact to tuck away in your pocket or purse or sit discretely on the restaurant table, yet something with a killer lens for those salivating-inducing close-ups.
To win this scrummy package of prizes, you need to:
* Tell us in 50 words or less in the comments below how you plan to live like a local in London and do some serious eating.
* Ensure you include your name with your entry in the comment. Anonymous entries won’t be accepted; we’ll contact you using the email address you leave when you comment.
* Submit your entry by 6pm UK time on Tuesday 12 June. Our contest runs for 4 weeks from today.
* Share your experience of your prizes online with us all, either during your stay or when you get back home – we want to see the mouth-watering images you took with your new Canon IXUS camera and hear about the foodie fun you had, your fine stay, and how you used your local London guide. If you have a blog, share it in a post; if you use Pinterest, create a board; if you use Twitter, tweet about it; if you’ve got a Tumblr or Facebook page… well, you get the picture. How you share is up to you.
* Be a citizen or resident of the UK.
* Ensure you’ll use your prizes within six months; all prizes must be used during the one stay.
A big thank you to our very generous sponsors…
Thanks to Argos, for supplying the gorgeous camera for this competition. Argos has an impressive range of digital cameras available online at their Argos Photography shop. What we love is that you can browse all their fantastic deals online, and then choose to reserve and collect your camera in store or buy online. Their prices are really very competitive and they have some amazing deals.
onefinestay, who have donated a UK£100 voucher towards a stay in one of their homes. onefinestay has a carefully curated collection of elegant, quirky and surprising houses and apartments, and booking a home on their site is as easy as booking a hotel, only you’ll be staying in a real home – but one with the extras of a hotel, including beautiful toiletries, free wi-fi and local calls, fluffy towels, quality linen, a 24/7 helpline, and more.
Context Travel, for donating the delicious foodie walk. Context is a network of scholars and specialists – in disciplines including archaeology, art history, urban planning, history, environmental science, the classics, and of course, cuisine – who lead in-depth walking seminars for small groups of intellectually curious travellers. We’ve done their fascinating strolls all around the world, from London to Istanbul, and we can vouch they’re compelling. You can read about the walks we’ve done here.
LUXE City Guides, for donating the latest edition of their brand new London guide. We’ve used LUXE guides and we love their compact format, their discerning choices, their irreverent and fun reviews, and the fact their print guides are updated annually and digital formats are updated every month.
UPDATE 13/6/12: WINNER(S) ANNOUNCED!
Our main sponsor Argos has selected the winner of the competition. Congratulations to Jools Stone, who has won a super little Canon IXUS camera, onefinestay stay, Context foodie-themed walking tour, and a Luxe Guide to London!
The lovely people at Luxe Guides gave us an additional London guide, which we’ve decided to give to Stuart Lodge, the first entrant, for getting in so quickly.
Thank you to everyone who entered for their mouthwatering entries, and to all those many readers who dropped by for a look but didn’t enter (what’s up with that?), you may wish to consider this competition. We’ve also got some giveaways coming up soon that won’t require you to do anything at all!